Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Goodbye summer :(

Well, my 6-week summer is officially gone! You know what that means! Yep, that's right...band camp!! The best way to end your summer...NOT!
Yesterday was my first day of camp for the 2010-2011 season. And let me say, that didn't go as planned! We hired this new drill guy to help with our show, but he changed how we march, how we hold our instruments, and how we stand. This is a big difference for everybody! So, it's gonna take some getting used to. I know that it's a huge change for the seniors because they've been doing something different for 3 years! Not everyone is happy about this, but I guess it will help in our appearance at competitions. And that's always a good thing.
Today has been horrible! My best friend quit marching band so she could go play with her softball team she doesn't even like and I found out that my idol, Jennie Finch(olympic softball player), is retiring from softball next month! But hopefully when I get to band today, my friends will make my day tons better! I surely hope so.
I cannot believe how fast summer has gone so far. We start school in like a month! Even less than that now! But I will be a sophomore, so I will know how everything is done at Penn. I'm excited to just get back to school so I can see friends that I havent seen since the last day of school last year. I want to find out who is in my classes & all that fun stuff! This weekend is my last softball tourney of the summer! :'( That's sad. But then I can start practicing with the Penn team and hopefully make it this year! That would be awesome.
Even though my summer is over basically, I can still have fun on what little time I will have on the weekends. But since softball will be over with next week, I will just have nothing but band! Whoo! Can't wait for that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment