Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Awesome, but hot weekend!

Well, after 15 days in Ohio I'm finally home! I have been since Thursday! That was a fun visit, but I've never realized how nice it is to be home. I guess the quote, "You never realize how much you love something until it's gone" is true!
This past weekend, I played in a softball tournament. A hot, but good weekend. We had three games on Saturday. One at 9, 12:30, and 5(i think). We lost the first two games, but came back and won our last game. Well, because of how we seeded in the tourney, we had an 8am game the next morning! And since we werent staying in Columbia City overnight, my mom & I had to get up at 4:45 the next morning! That was a LONG day. We won our game against Jimtown! So that meant that we would advance to the next round, and that has never happened to us this season. Our next game wasnt until 2. So we had like 3 and a half hours to burn. Fort Wayne, here we come!
My mom & I decided to go to Glenbrook mall to walk around in the air conditioning. Well, we get out of the car & walk up to the door to find out that the mall doesn't open until noon. Now, why noon? I'm not sure. But I wasn't happy. Instead we went and walked around in Barnes & Noble. After we got bored in there we went to Border's. I knew that if I didn't eat soon, my food wouldn't settle in time for the game. So, mom & I decided to go to Subway. I love Subway! We shared a tuna sub(which is very good by the way). It was around noon when we left to go to Walmart & just walk around. After walking around in Walmart for about 15 minutes I said that we should go back to the ballpark so I can just sit with my team.
I love my team! We all have fun together. After sitting and talking for a few minutes, we discover a wondering kitten! This kitten looked like it was like 8 weeks old. So like 3 girls went and got the cat & we took it in as your mascot & named her Shake(long story)! When it was time for our game, Shake ran off & we never saw her again!
Well, during our game against an awesome team, one of our players got hurt! Our second baseman dove to get a ball & popped her shoulder out of place. Poor kid. I felt so bad for her! She's probably gonna be out for the rest of the season! We lost that game, but we fought a good battle! I think we got like 6th place, but I'm not sure. SO much better than our last tournament! Great job guys! And there's no place like home! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment